White Rabbit is very proud to announce that we are now on the Digital Marketplace! Registered as a supplier of Public Sector Web Services on the Digital Outcomes and Specialists 4 supply framework provided by the Crown Commercial Service.
Our services are listed under Digital Outcomes and Digital Specialists on the Digital Marketplace platform. This is an online service provided by the government, for the public sector to find contractors and tech for digital projects. The public sector and government bodies use the Digital Marketplace to buy digital services from chosen suppliers.
White Rabbit Gets Government Approval
Companies listed on Digital Marketplace have shown that they are reliable and trustworthy. Being able to provide services that are needed by government bodies and the public sector.
This shows that White Rabbit has been chosen by the Crown Commercial Service; to deliver digital projects for high-level entities in the public sector and beyond. Providing ‘Outcomes’ and ‘Specialists’ in digital projects for: Local and County Councils, Police Forces, Emergency Services, Hospitals, Libraries, Research Centres, etc. The full list is almost endless!
Digital Marketplace Overview
The Digital Marketplace helps pubic sector bodies find cloud tech and specialist services for digital projects. It uses 3 frameworks (agreement between government and suppliers).
You can find:
- Cloud Services (for example content delivery networks or accounting software) through the G-Cloud framework.
- Digital Outcomes, Digital Specialists and User Research Services through the Digital Outcomes and Specialists framework.
- Physical data-centre space for services through the Crown Hosting Data Centres framework.
Digital Marketplace Web Services
There are around 20,000 cloud services on the Digital Marketplace, split into 3 categories:
- Cloud Hosting, for example content delivery networks or load balancing services.
- Cloud Software, for example accounting tools or customer service management software.
- Cloud Support, for example migration services or ongoing support.
Digital Specialist Services
This is the category White Rabbit is listed in. There are only around 1,000 suppliers chosen to provide digital specialist services, including:
- Digital Outcomes, for example a booking system or an accessibility audit.
- Digital Specialists, for example product managers or developers.
- User Research Studios.
- User Research Participants.
Data-Centre Hosting Services
One supplier provides data-centre hosting to government.
- Mission critical data-centres
- Flexible pay-for-what-you-use model
- Secure facilities
- Power uptime that exceeds Tier III+
- Leading environmental performance
The government’s Cloud First policy means that public sector bodies need to consider a cloud solution before they can choose data-centre hosting from the Crown Hosting Data Centres framework.
Supplying Public Sector Web Services
To provide Public Sector Web Services through the Digital Marketplace, suppliers must apply through a rigorous vetting process. Verifying their competency in, and their level of commitment to: Agile Project Management, Website Accessibility, Equality, Anti Bribery and other important aspect of the business.
Who Uses The Digital Marketplace?
Any public sector entity, including agencies and arm’s length bodies, can buy using the Digital Marketplace. The Digital Marketplace is used to find Public Sector Web Services. Contracting Authorities in the UK that exist on 04th July 2019 and which fall into one or more of the following categories:
1. Any of the following:
- Ministerial departments;
- Non ministerial departments;
- Executive agencies of government;
- Non-Departmental Public Bodies (NDPBs), including: advisory NDPBs, executive NDPBs, and tribunal NDPBs;
- Assembly Sponsored Public Bodies (ASPBs);
- Police forces;
- Fire and rescue services;
- Ambulance services;
- Maritime and coastguard agency services;
- NHS bodies;
- Educational bodies, including: state schools (nursery schools, primary schools, middle or high schools, secondary schools, special schools), academies, colleges, Pupil Referral Unit (PRU), further education colleges and universities;
- National Parks;
- Housing associations, including social landlords;
- Third sector and charities;
- Citizens advice bodies;
- Councils, including: county councils, district councils, county borough councils, community councils, London borough councils, unitary councils, metropolitan councils, parish councils;
- Public corporations;
- Public financial bodies;
- Public pension funds;
- Central banks; and
- Civil service bodies, including public sector buying.
2. Those listed and maintained on the gov.uk website at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations or any replacement or updated link.
3. Those listed and maintained by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) at
icsectorclassificationguide or any replacement or updated link.
4. Those bodies in England, Wales or Northern Ireland which are within the scope of the definition of “Contracting Authority” in regulation 2(1) of the PCR 2015 and/or Schedule 1 PCR.
Buying Through Digital Marketplace
Buying services through frameworks means the Public Sector can save on the time and cost of entering into individual contracts. All public sector organisations, including agencies and arm’s length bodies, can use the Digital Marketplace. Check the customer URN list to find out if you are eligible. Follow this link to visit the Digital Marketplace.
You can also reach out to White Rabbit directly through our contact page. Get in touch and ask questions about any of our Web Services For The Public Sector.